Teacher Job Action
School will not re-open until the current labour situation has been settled. Once we know that the proposed deal has been voted on, we expect to be able to announce Opening Day Plans.
TIMETABLES will not be given out until Opening Day.
Please see the letter posted on the school district website.
School start-up information will also depend on the timing of a settlement in the labour dispute.
Due to the uncertainty surrounding the current labour dispute, we will NOT be mailing student timetables home. Timetables will be distributed on opening day at each campus. Please check the news, this web site, and our Facebook or Twitter feeds for updates and changes to the current labour situation.
June Report cards (10,11,12) can be picked up when the school offices re-open in late August.
School bus registration needs to be done each year for each student who wishes to ride the bus. Forms and information for the 2014-2015 school year can be found on the SD79 web site under Transportation. New bus routes will be posted online in August. Please register at www.sd79.bc.ca.
- At high school, it is usually best to see what each teacher prefers for supplies. Here are some suggestions:
- Binder(s) with lined paper and blank paper
- Keytab notebooks and graph paper for math class
- Pens, pencils, eraser, ruler
- Pencil crayons and felt pens
- Glue stick
- Calculator with square root and plus/minus keys
- PE strip (shorts or jogging pants, t-shirt, sweatshirt, athletic shoes)
- NOTE: PE strip is required for PE classes
Library link: http://www.sd79.bc.ca/wordpress/csslibrary/arrivals
In an effort to save paper, time and money, we are trying to do more communication electronically. If you would prefer a paper copy of newsletters, etc, please ask at the front desk.
We are planning for the first day of school to be Tuesday, September 2nd. This will be a partial day for Grade 8 and 10 only. Grade 8's will be at the Quamichan Campus. Grade 10's will be at Cowichan Campus on James Street.
All grades, all day starting Wednesday, September 3rd.
NOTE: DATES & EVENTS MAY CHANGE DUE TO TEACHER JOB ACTION